My Ride

My Ride

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Rain and Rain again

It was hard for me to believe that today was the 18th day of my adventure. It has almost come to an end.
It started with light sprinkles this morning. Just enough to wear the jacket but not enough to get wet. I didn't wear it for long. I have finally found the warmth that I have been expecting for my whole trip!
It was a relatively uneventful ride today. The road through western Louisiana is the same as it was in the rest of the state, a rough 3 foot shoulder covered with lots of road debree. The nice part of my ride and the fact that I do ride my recumbent bike is that I see more than just the road, like someone riding a standard road bike. I was able to see the beautiful birds. I saw cardinals, and the most bright beautiful blue birds. I watched a Blue Heron take flight from one of the many flooded bayou's and I get to see all the beautiful flowers blooming at the side of the roads. I saw many of what at first I thought were rice paddies but later decided that they must be craw-fish farms.
I did make it to Texas! The ride was uneventful until I was about 10 miles from my stop for the night and it decided to rain, a lot. I took cover under an overpass for about 20 minutes for the worst to pass and then went on to finish the day cool and wet. It took twice as long to go those last 10 miles than it should have but I did finally make it.
I have another long day tomorrow so, you know the routine...
Good Night. Be Safe until we can be together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment