My Ride

My Ride

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I guess we need to start at the beginning. That was here Back in August 2014. http://www.allbecausewecan.com/

Now a year and a half later I am working on it still. The difference is at this time nothing is going to stop me. On April 2nd, I am leaving my Home in Havelock NC and riding my bicycle to see my grandson Clay. He lives in Victoria Texas. He also has Muscular Dystrophy.
Why am I riding? Because I can. If it was easy, then everyone would do it. Right.

I had hoped to do the ride last year but as every person that has ever tried to plan a major event will tell you, there is always something that can and will go wrong or change your plans. I have had a few.
The first was having to have more surgeries on my left hand and wrist. They were injured in a car accident October 21, 2013. They are as good as they will get now. So, yeah...
Another change was my support vehicle.. My brother and his wife, my dear sweet sister Annette, have had a major life changing event and cannot be there. So I am really going solo!

The biggest problem I am finding now is mapping the route. Paper maps don't have the detail needed for bicycling and I can only look for so long at a computer screen.

I think I just got a very big shot in the arm from the Houston PD Bike Relay Team. With any luck I will be getting their route from Houston to at least Myrtle Beach. I have also ordered the bike maps from Adventure Cycling.

But for now I have to go back to being Nurse Nancy and get ready for work tomorrow and the rest of the week. I do still work that full time job. I got to pay the bills some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment